Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Lance and Mel - San Antonio



Lance and I went down to Texas to meet some family - I really enjoyed myself and found the people who were special in my boyfriends' life to be a great group of folks.

We spent days talking and walking and eating great food (although I am seriously questioning the need for re fried beans for breakfast) and sweating it out in the delicious Texas heat.

I learned a lot this weekend about love and being humbled and facing fear and lots of questions from curious people who were trying to figure out what I am made of, where I am going and how I have come the the point I am now. It was all great fun and I would not have traded my long weekend in Texas for all the tea in China.

Now it is off to the genteel countryside of North Carolina - another weekend of introductions. My boyfriend will be surprised at how many of their questions have been answered in his writings and in my descriptions about him. He will be off the hook, and free to enjoy a little southern hospitality and long walks in the woods - with me holding his hand every step of the way.

No comments: