Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Star Light......

I find myself wanting more in all things. I want to finally just be myself and be enough. I want to play the role of woman, female, feminine. I want to be led, to be heard, to be held and to be special - just the way I am.

For many years I have been cheerleader, unwavering supporter, earner, cleaner, chef and constant faithful companion. I kept waiting to drop the pompoms, have a day to be supported in my dreams, quit working and focus on having a family, stop spending Saturday's cleaning and cooking while others were outside in the sunshine, and finally, have someone to be that faithful companion to me.

I want just to be enough to trip head-over-heels for and have that be known to all, and to me. I would be careful with it, and happy in it. I had so many years of weighed emotion and measured responses, or no responses at all. Now I want someone to Tom Cruise me on the Oprah sofa of life. To be so excited that rooftops are not high enough to shout it from and my ear is the soft place they want to whisper it to, and that I know my strides are matched and that we are the same in emotion, in desire to be part of the collective.

I just want to know that I am loved and that I am special in someone's eyes and that I am seen for who I am.

I just want to be enough. Chick moment over now. Back to reality.


Star light, star bright,
First star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

No comments: