Monday, August 08, 2005

Don't Feel Sorry

Don't feel sorry for me - I am not broken. This did not destroy me. I will not stand in the middle of this and cry out forever. I will not punish others for the residuals of this relationship. I am not broken - I am simply down for now - paying respect to the genuine feelings I have for someone who I love. Someone I could not "fix", I could not love enough for two, I could not be kind enough to erase the past, I could not praise enough for correction.

I am going to cry - over and over - I am going to remember all of the positive things that were special to me. I will listen to the music you love and made me love and eventually I will only see it as music I love. I am going to reach out to friends, I am going to humble myself in their presence and allow them to see my pain. I am going walk around with a knot in my chest. I will have a visible hole, I will mourn.

But don't feel sorry for me. I don't feel sorry for mysef. I simply feel. And that makes all the difference.

No comments: