Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Why?

I went out to lunch today to run some errands and some thoughts wen't through my mind as I made my way up and down the aisles of Target.

1. Why do nurses wear such hideous outfits (scrubs) with like all these shirts with little animals and sayings and smiley faces all over them. Why are they always purple or bright pink or powder blue and a size too big? Now don't get me wrong, I really, really respect what they do, I just don't get the outfit - there was a lady today who had on a top with pink pigs all over it.....where is the dignity in that? I would get it if you worked in a children's hospital, etc. but what I want to know.....

Is - what happened to these "Old school" rockstar nurses who wore white dresses with little buttons at the waist, a cool white cap, and white hose that made their legs look like cream being poured in two lines into their shoes?

Could you imagine Dr. Welby, M.D.'s nurse wearing Pokey the Pig? I think not.

So, nurse ladies out there. Give up the Looney Tunes and tennis shoes - or at least wear solid colors to work. I know it sounds mean, and I don't mean in that way, but you are a trained professional that SAVES LIVES.....do you really need to wear candy canes and pumpkins on your clothes for that seasonal effect.

Thank you... and moving on.


2. Why is it so hard to find the "Original" of a product?

Let's use Tide for example. The old ad says Tide's got what woment want (ha ha)...so, I just wanted to buy Tide, the powder kind, original scent - again OLD SCHOOL - and for those of you who have read my Blog know that I believe in Original scent Tide over all others....anyway, I digress.....I just wanted TIDE - not Springtime Fresh Tide, not Tide with Downy, not Ocean Breeze or Mountain High, or LowSuds Rainfall Tide, or Tide with Febreeze (yes, it is true) or ColdWater Tide or TideFree Tide, or MapleNutCruch Tide - just Tide. The way it used to be.

Remember when we had the market addition of Tide with Bleach and you had two choices? Now you have 13 million but can never find just the original. I won't even go into powder vs. liquid!!! I left without finding TIDE. Ya know, sometimes "What Women Want" - is just the Original (and not just with laundry soap)!!!!!

Thanks for listening,

Mellissa
(Retro Fan)

No comments: