Friday, July 14, 2006

Bastille Day



I awoke this morning to a view I will never forget. Marseilles – what an amazing place – what a stunning coastline. We arrived last night well after midnight after taking the TGV from Paris into Marseilles. We have come for the wedding of Olivier and Frederique in Cassis, France. I am thrilled to be here with Steve, who has turned out to be a perfect gentleman and a wonderful friend for the rest of my life. I adore him – the little things that make him unique, and the fact that he takes longer in the bath than I do…so a little patience is needed as I really have to pee!!!!
We will have an easy morning before heading over to pick up our car and drive along the coastline to the neighboring town of Cassi. I can only imagine the beauty this day will hold. I cannot imagine it topping the view from our hotel room this morning. It literally took my breath when I pulled the curtain back.

Travel Journal
Marseilles – July 14, 2006

2 comments:

Lori said...

I miss reading your blog, but understand your need for privacy. I hope that all is well in your world and that you are happy.

Happy Trails to you...'til we meet again! :-)

Lori

Cheryl said...

Mellissa--I have been reading down several posts, and I LOVE the writing on this blog! You've really transported me to another world.

Miss you.

-Cheryl (new Batname, new Batchannel)
www.hildebrandroad.blogspot.com