Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The "Break" Up

It was a wonderful love affair – for two years. The American and the Italian. We were a “signature” item. We spent almost every day together, joining up just after my morning shower. When we were out, people took notice, came closer, gave compliments.

We were a great team…until the worst scenario….we had traveled together to Switzerland and then on to Barcelona. That is where it all fell apart. Just like most other days, I reached for my love just after my shower and before getting dressed…

That day was a big change – you see, it was the “break” up. I forgot to be careful. I forgot how fragile a thing it was. We have been apart now for four months. Others have played a stand in role in the meantime, but never captured the “essence” of me. But today changed all that. Lunchtime came and we found our way back to each other….in Nordstrom, a boutique department store in Atlanta.

I was walking into the hair salon when I spied my love…waiting patiently for me to notice and draw closer. I did notice and my eyes sparkled again. We were re-united right then and there.

Now we are together again…and tomorrow’s post shower routine will commence…as if time had never passed. I made a promise to Dolce & Gabana from today forward. I will never "drop" you like that again.
Sing with me people.... ((cues music))
"Reunited and it feels so good.
Reunited 'cause we understood.
There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited
'Cause we're reunited
Hey, hey"

4 comments:

lecram sinun said...

LOL!

Sheila said...

LOL! I love it. Light Blue just happens to be my new favorite!

Rebecca said...

hahaha, OMG, you had me cracking up on this. I just switched "signature scents" recently myself. I've been wearing Amarige forever....and just started a new love affair with Hanae Mori.

I'm obsessed, head over heels in love with it. :)

BD said...

It's good to hear the music again after it drifts into the background...