Sunday, December 17, 2006

Tired...




I had a pretty busy day yesterday..and a rainy one at that...we were not returning home until 2:30 a.m. as one of Steve's godchildren, Laurent was playing at a local club here in Paris just off the Champs Elysees.


Since the drinking age here is 18, but no one checks anyway all the kids inside seemed to me to look about 12...and I felt like an old lady (well, an old lady with a much sexier body and better dance moves ;-) than the quasi-anorexic trend here in Paris...there were too many girls with protruding shoulder blades for my tastes...made me want to wrap them up and bring them home for some soup and to tell them that they need to just calm down...(mothering instinct)..Steve and I laughed about this on the way home in between singing "How Bizarre" from OMC and head banging to some old AC/DC "Highway to Hell"...yeah - those were the days!!! ha ha.


Before heading over to the club, we had a late dinner at this great little restaurant - family owned..everything was soooo good and it was really warm and cozy there and the drive over was amazing....I still never tire or get used to the absolute splendor of this city. It is truly as Hemingway put it "A movable feast" both for the tummy and the eyes. Everything lit at night - such pride in the buildings that are here - so much history that you feel the presence of those who lived here in the 17th and 18th centuries still. I can't describe what that feels like....I wish I could.


Anyway - I am hanging out in my fuzzy pink pj's right now and Steve is baking a cake - That Dutch boy can eat more than anyone I know!! I am not too motivated to get out and do anything today...except that I really want to go to the Monoprix - the grocery store. I get a kick out of looking at all the products they have and trying to figure out what some are...it is a fun game for me...which also means I have been here too often if I have seen everything there is to see in Paris and now just hang at the market - LOL.


I wish you all the best of days today.


xoxo,

Mel




7 comments:

lecram sinun said...

Ahhh... don't mind me... just cozying up to your bliss.

bricotrout said...

hope you have a safe travel home.

Mellissa said...

Hi Marcel,

Cozy on up...and I will grab you an espresso...hope things in California are going well!!

Brico,

I am ready to come home right now. You know you are ready when you are in Paris, but wishing you were back home so you could get the oil changed in your car....yep...I've lost it.

Rebecca said...

Wow Mel, it seems like you've been gone for ages!

I'm openly envious of your trip... please, soak it all in for me and send me some beautiful mental images so that I can feel like I'm there. :)

Joyeaux Noel!

siobhan said...

Mellissa,

I've just come back from 3 days in Paris with my family who are visiting from Australia, and I saw you there.

Don't believe me? Well, I was at the St Germain des Près metro station at about 2 pm on Tuesday 19 December, on my way to go shopping with my mother. And you wandered past, wearing a bright red coat, light blue jeans and a white coloured scarf/turtle neck, with your hair tied back. You ended up catching the same train as we did - towards porte clignacourt.

I wanted to say something, but was equal parts shy, and wary about perhaps giving you the idea that I was a stalker.

It was just one of those chance moments.

Siobhan

siobhan said...

ps. I'm not a stalker. Promise. ;)

AM said...

Ha! You don't have a Monoprix in the US? I thought it is a chain available everywhere. We have it in Beirut and I know what you mean by talking about trying to figure out the ingredients lol.

'It is truly as Hemingway put it "A moveable feast" both for the tummy and the eyes. Everything lit at night - such pride in the buildings that are here - so much history that you feel the presence of those who lived here in the 17th and 18th centuries still.' ... ah so true, so true, so true. I love the way you put them in words.