Thursday, December 21, 2006

Vignettes







This post is for me. It is just to remind me of the softness of love. It is to remind me to believe and to trust. These are photographs from the last time love and happiness were in my life.
Next week I have to take a few bricks away from the wall I have around me. I have to take a chance and step forward and it scares me. I pretend to be witty and bold, but it is just a front...like the way a bird puffs itself up to appear larger and more colorful.
You see, I am afraid of the unknown, I fear rejection a great deal. Meeting someone new is as intimidating to me right now as the thought of standing naked on Peachtree Street. I feel like I am exposing myself before I am ready to. I like hiding here and being safe. No one to hurt me or cause my heart to hope. I like the safety of one, I trust only myself.
But then there is this girl in me who wants to peek around the corner and see what might be waiting for me....so I will take these few steps forward and try to trust in what might be ahead...
xoxo,
Bug























No comments: