Thursday, March 22, 2007

Touching Feet

Tonight I was reminded about the simple connection of feet touching together before sleep. Just lying there one half across the other with feet intertwined, talking about the day.

Arms wrapped around shoulders and small kisses exchanged between words. Head rested against chest muscles and hair tickling my face from an exhale above me; a movement of life in between words.

Life sure is wonderful when it is simple. For me, one of the simplest pleasures I can remember is touching feet…and catching up.

5 comments:

bricotrout said...

aspen creeps into my bed from time to time in the midle of the night. i will wake up but lie motionless. it gives me so much pleasure to watch her make every effort and not waking me up (she thinks ill tell her to go back to her room). within 5 minutes she is dead asleep and spreading out across the whole bed.
i love it.

Rebecca said...

Hey Miss Mellissa -
How are you? :)

Tim said...

Are you back to blogging?
Will you stay for awhile??

If so, then yay!

Glad you're back, my friend.

Cosima said...

It's so true. The simple joys are what I enjoy most about life. Of course, it is also about warming one's icy cold feet with the warmth of the other ;)

Mellissa said...

Hey you guys, glad you liked the post. I agree with Cosima and find it hilarious on a winter night to do the sneak attack on the unsuspecting...as I always have icy feet!!

xoxo,
Bug