Sunday, April 01, 2007

Instead Of

Sunday morning is here and the weather is wonderful. It is overcast and a bit cool and the birds are out in full serenade. Hard to believe that Easter is almost here again.

I haven't felt the need to write until last night and even then I didn't. I haven't picked up my camera or my pen in a couple of months. I guess the creativity is on hold for other things right now.

So this morning instead of typing out all my feelings, I will once again go work it out with the pavement. Instead of photographing something beautiful, I will simply fix it in my mind's eye and smile in appreciation for having seen it.

There is a 3 mile loop with geese and rolling greens and trees in bloom. There is a stream with a bridge and the sounds of little league players on the fields that holds my interest. There is a wonderful companion waiting by the door to experience all this with me, hoping to get a swim in that stream.

To that end, I am off to clear my head, and make a memory just for me.

Happy Sunday all,

Mellissa

4 comments:

Osbasso said...

Geez, you're writing/creativity is so much better than mine, even when you're on hold! Hope all is well with you these days!

lecram sinun said...

And a big happy Sunday back at ya! :)

Tim said...

Mellissa:

I hope your Sunday was truly wonderful. Sounds like the weather was fantastic.

Blessings.


g

Cosima said...

Sounds like a perfect spring Sunday!