Friday, April 13, 2007

Invitation to Auch


I just got off Skype with my friend Steve who lives in Paris. He has invited me to come to Paris for a visit and join him for a weekend party in Auch, France. Pierre Phillipe owns a farm there and each Summer he hosts a weekend for about 80 folks and this year is is set for May 26-28th.

Saturday is the party day with long wooden tables set up outside and each guest brings a bottle of good wine and they eat Cour de Canard (duck hearts) and lots of wonderful French food together, this lasts well into the night followed by a bullfight day on Sunday. Auch has many Spanish influences, including the art of the bullfight in the Roman arena (Auch was a Roman city back in ancient times).
I think I am going to add in a trip to Madrid to see Isabel and Arnaud and to Switzerland to visit Pascale. I think this will be a wonderful way to end my time off and get ready to get back to working life.
Time to go check on airfare and see if a certain someone might like to join me for a little Summer vacation.
xoxo,
Bug

8 comments:

lecram sinun said...

These last 2 posts sound totally delicious. :)

Rebecca said...

I am so openly envious of your ability to be freespirited Mel. Enjoy! I'll be living vicariously through your posts. :)

Mellissa said...

Thanks guys! Rebecca, I would trade it all in a New York minute for a little bit of what you have!!

This all is just filler while I wait for my life to find me ;-)

xoox,
Bug

Anonymous said...

jeppeeeeeee - so when's the date to wait at the airport. Let me know real soon! Can't wait!

Mellissa said...

Hi P -

I was thinking my around my birthday like last year - hopefully it will be a bit warmer eh!!

xoxo,
Mel

Cosima said...

I am in Europe at the moment, and would love to stay longer. Spring is the best time to visit. Have fun!

BD said...

Il ne fait pas trop froid en mai...

Mellissa said...

BD -

Peut-être un petit froid ou pluvieux. J'espère c'est chaud et ensoleillé!!!

Bug