Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Cooking Makes Me Happy

Tonight at the gym I got hungry. Bar-B-Q Chicken Calzone came to mind....


And then just like magic....dinner is cooling on the table alongside a nice Chardonnay. He he!


Tomorrow is fresh corn chowder with shrimp and a loaf of whole wheat banana bread with currants and walnuts. Cooking really does make me happy. I can't wait until the next time I go to Jackson so I can cook for Greg - and let me tell you, that man can EAT!!! The fact that he loves my cooking is one of my favorite things about him - ha ha!

Oh yeah, and thanks mom for all those years you made me get in the kitchen with you. I guess you knew what you were doing after all huh!

xoxo,
Bug

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like this Greg loves to eat. I bet you being a great really helps.

Kelly Sadosky said...

looks great! girl, you betta post that receipe :)

Mellissa said...

Dear "Anonymous",

I don't think your liking to eat has anything to do with me being "a great"...I have seen you eat some funky stuff in the name of protein honey!!

You just gotta feed that big ol' machine ;-)

xoox and miss you baby,

SGR

oregoncelticlady said...

I am with Kelly! WE WANT THE RECIPE....please! :-)

Mellissa said...

Well ladies - there isn't a "recipe" cause I just made it up! Lot's of times I will have something out at a restaurant that I like and then I come home and figure out how to make it myself. This is a spin-off of the BBQ Chicken Pizza at California Pizza Kitchen.

So I guess the easiest way to tell you is:

Peppers/Onion/Mushroom
Diced Chicken Breast
Shula's BBQ Sauce
Mozarella Cheese
Pizza Dough
Egg White

Pre-heat oven - 425.
Saute chicken bites till almost cooked, add peps, onion, mushroom, sautee. Add about 2 tablespoons of BBQ Sauce, red pepper flakes and oregano flakes.

Roll out pizza dough (small amount) swirl on bbq sauce, cheese, top with chicken mixture, more cheese, fold, pinch, brush with egg white - bake 15 minutes.

Voila - easy!

xoxo,
M

Mike said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, your food looks great! Being a Italian man, a great cook is a easy road to my heart! Doesnt help my diet...but good food does win out! :-)

Rebecca said...

YUM. Looks great! And for me as well, happiness equals cooking. :)

Tim said...

Looks very good actually.

Improv chef - a second career for you!! (should you ever need one, that is)

Lori said...

Sounds - and looks - delicious! I may have to 'delete' a couple of items when I make it for hubby and kids, but I'm all for everything when it's just me!