Wednesday, May 09, 2007

One

It is when you reach for me that I feel the most for you. In the dim morning light, your hand reaches out to pull me into a sweet embrace and I feel that I belong here beside you, even if it is only for one morning.

It is in the simple things that I feel the grandness of you. We stand side by side as equals, yet I am the smaller of us and love that you are the leader. I am words to your pictures and voice to your music, even if only for one song.

It is the moment we occupy the same body connection and say nothing, allowing the eyes to express the thoughts we keep safely inside. It is harder for me to refrain from I want to tell you in those moments. I think you read it across my eyes and in the smile I have for you alone, even if that smile is for one moment.

It is in creating something that I feel the partnership and friendship with you. Plans and dreaming and making something that will stand the test, growing each year, reminding you always that I was a part of you, even if only for one season.

Morning, song, moment, season. I take them all and create a beautiful mosaic of us. How sweet, the picture that I see....

8 comments:

Southern Sweetheart said...

A timeless treasure. That's you.

Anonymous said...

HUGS

Kelly Sadosky said...

sweet Mellissa

bricotrout said...

always the romantic bug. hi ya

Tim said...

wonderful picture that you paint with words. too bad he doesn't seem to see things your way.

Cheer up, my friend.

oregoncelticlady said...

That left me...breathless! Incredible!

Mellissa said...

Green -

I wasn't sad when I wrote this post..I was thinking of how I feel - and if things only last a while it was enough to have loved this man at all!

xoxo,
Bug

AM said...

This is so beautifully written :D
You relay so beautifully the mixed feelings involved ...
I so can feel your sadness in there ...