Friday, July 06, 2007

Not A Burden To Bear

I am not a burden to bear; a decision to make; a sad ending; a question mark; a thought to ponder; a secret to keep; a cross to bear; something to be unsure of; a compromise; a source of pain for another.

I am not second place; last in line; less important in feeling and need; someone to be pushed aside and made to wait; a variable; a choice of "maybe" or "maybe not".

I am a diamond; a true soul; a gift; a warm heart and a nurturing spirit; a warm, safe place; a deep shade of red; a child of God, a special woman.

For me, this is enough and this is my truth.

9 comments:

lecram sinun said...

"a diamond... " You are all of that and so much more, my friend. Claim your strength and soar... as I know you will.

Anonymous said...

Islands have great shorelines, beautiful beaches, cliffs, peaks, rain fed rivers, lush vegetation, but they are still islands.

Rebecca said...

LOVE this. Love it!!!!!!!!

Mellissa said...

Thank you Marcel and Rebecca, I am glad you liked the post.

Anon - I did not say I was an island with no outlet for others. I am simply not allowing everyone to cross the border....

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AM said...

Mel,
... You have no idea how much I needed to read the last 2 posts ... thank you for lifting me up today :)

Moosekahl said...

welcome back...those first couple paragraphs should be a personal statement for any woman. Thanks for sharing with us. Love ya...

Tim said...

Mellissa:

You indeed are a diamond. Shine and sparkle baby!!