Monday, July 03, 2006

Prickly Pear


I was speaking with my mom on the phone last night, and she told me I was a bit of a "Prickly Pear" sometimes.

Mind you, this is not the first time I have heard her say this to me...but it has been the first time in quite a while. I told her it was just because of XY&Z that I was a stinger right now, and she laughed and told me that I was born with this temperament..... Recounting stories from when I was small - and we both laughed when I told her that either she or my daddy then needed to step up and take some responsibility for this as it must have come from one, the other - or a little in both of them!!

Well, sure enough - I was a prickly pear this morning with SvdB when he called to discuss our trip. I will leave out the details, but suffice it to say - he got a bit of me without my coffee and hung up to remove some of those prickles from his skin.....

So I am now sipping my coffee and feeling bad about snapping at him - I guess I could blame my mom and dad and that recessed Prickly gene that made its way to me!! Ha ha ha...((just kidding - do feel bad about being grouchy))..

You all can tell him that it is the exception - and not the NORM that I am grouchy and a butt o.k.!!

xoxo,
Bug

No comments: