Friday, August 17, 2007

Life and Living

There are many times throughout the day that I ponder my past and my future. I think of what was, what might have been, and what is. I take inventory of those I love and those I am trying to understand. I roll over things I have yet to make sense of, and I write mental love notes to those I care for; wishing in that moment they could feel my sentiment inside their heart.

I am a woman who often ponders and who is a very deep thinker. I have written previously that I wish I wasn't that way, but I do believe an unexamined life is not worth living. I am glad that I take the time to remove layers, to search for my understanding and stance and to seek advice from others when I cannot discriminate heads or tails in life issues.

So while I might sit and think of life often and connect dots in my head, or dream of those I love, it is a side of me that no one really sees in person. When you are near me (unless in crisis mode) you would most likely not imagine the introversion. You would see the laughing girl, the one brining everyone into the fun, the one who I was told recently was lucky because she meets new people every day and makes friends easily....but that is only on the surface...and at the end of the day, that woman returns home alone...and ponders life again....wondering if she will ever figure it all out...knowing she never will.

Well, enough of the 5 a.m. introspection. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! I am off to work and then to my folks for a little TLC and hugs, and to get more of the love I grew up on - and will pass along to my son soon!!

xoxo,
Mellissa

3 comments:

Kelly Sadosky said...

have a nice trip! Pretty lady in the photo :)

bricotrout said...

dont sweat it deary... thats just the hormones talking. lol
seriously, it is true that an unobserved life is not worth living. we are here to learn about ourselves, about human nature vs human habit. if we pass through this life without having taken/given something from it to benefit the greater good then we were just a waste of oxygen. make sure you raise the guppy to be introspective too!!! very important

Tim said...

have a great weekend, mellissa!