Sunday, August 12, 2007

Popcorn from Evan!!!

I haven't been writing much lately, or I have been writing and publishing only to save things in draft mode a few moments later - that included this mornings post. 

However - just a few minutes ago as I was in the shower singing to my little Evan and leaning over to wash my toes - I got some "Popcorn". I straightened up and put my hand just to the left of my belly button; completely startled that, indeed, the movements of the baby feel like popcorn popping!!! I was also surprised at how high he is sitting. But I guess at 5.5-6 inches this week (head to hiney) and adding an extra two inches of legs, my little man is almost 8 inches long in total, and right where I felt him, hanging out by my belly button!! What a gift today brings to me!! 

Each time I wonder about my future and my life, God gives me a little gift. Today my gift was "Popcorn" and a smile that will carry with me the rest of my day. I am 40% through my pregnancy, second trimester, 16 weeks today!! (Let's just hope he wasn't having a violent reaction to my singing ;-) 

xoxo, Mellissa

9 comments:

lecram sinun said...

Nah, I bet he was dancing along. :)

Cheryl said...

Just you wait! I remember laying on my back and watching My Boy roll back and forth--it is the strangest thing. He felt like fish flopping. I think I like popcorn better. At least the smell.

Tim said...

Reading about your pregnancy reminds me of when my ex was pregnant with our kids. It's amazing how each pregnancy is so different.

Yeah, he was singing along...

siobhan said...

bop bop bopping along.

Lori said...

My daughter was pretty calm during my pregnancy, but did seem to roll all over the place during Lamaze class. She also sat very high all the way to the end (and I discovered later, she was 'head up'). But my son - whoa. He was all over the place...and is still bouncing around the house (thank goodness he wasn't 6'2" then!)

Enjoy these precious moments. Memories in the making...

Osbasso said...

Should we bring the butter and some salt?

oregoncelticlady said...

What a sweet morning for you!!! It is such a lovely time! Sierra snoozed a lot but each morning at my desk around 10:00, she would do a little routine of front summies and back summies and a few cartwheels.....at least it felt that way!!!

Enjoy!!!

Mellissa said...

I notice that he does not like it when I lay on my tummy and he elbows me or kicks for more space.

I find myself running upstairs to lay on my bed on my stomach to see if I can feel him again. He did the popcorn one other time yesterday and the brushing sensation three times.

I can definitely feel my little Viking in there doing his gymnastics. I love it!!

xoxo,
Mel

Tim said...

A football player shall be born!!!

Yeah, baby!!!!