Thursday, November 06, 2008

OK, Wait a Minute (sound of brakes)



Something amazing and interesting has happened over the last few days, something triggered it, but I am not sure why or how. Perhaps this change is as inherent and miraculous as the onset of a season, the way the trees know it is time remove the layers of old in preparation for new. It happened to me just the same.

I went back and re-read Baby Steps and it simply did not apply as I thought it did. Evan and I are not the same in all regards of this time in our life. You see, I had forgotten for just a moment that I, unlike him already know how to walk, I have walked, run and danced inside a beautiful life. I have experience, this is not a new sensation and I really don't have as much fear as I thought.

Perhaps I just needed to let go fully to realize that not only can I walk, I love it and the feeling of freedom it provides. So I must change my words and say that I am poised to take long, easy strides into my future, that I am excited by the renewed sensation of freedom, that I have a smile of accomplishment on my face and I am about to take of running, full-steam ahead.

To that end, I have decided to get a puppy, to bring another project of love into my home - to bring that joy back because I have missed Maggie so much since she passed away. I have also decided to give Pete a chance to get to know me, he is worth a chance so last night I agreed to lunch on Friday.

I looked back one more time you see, and with that last parting glance I realized that I never really liked the view and was happy to walk forward and towards a better vista with my little Tigger in tow.

xoxo,
Bug

7 comments:

siobhan said...

This is such a beautiful, free-feeling post to read. And a gorgeous photo. And great news about getting a puppy!

Lori said...

Good for you....on all accounts!

Tim said...

Hopefully you will develop a caring, long lasting relationship with Pete. You deserve to be happy.

What kind of puppy will you get? Will it be the same kind as Maggie?
Might I sugest a beagle? They're generally great with kids. (We had one of those when I was but a wee-lad.) Whichever way you go, pooch pics would be great!!

oregoncelticlady said...

Woo hoo!! Puppy and guy!!! Good on ya!!!

Mellissa said...

Thanks ya'll - I am excited!

M

Kelly Sadosky said...

You go girl! That's the right attitude! You deserve only the best :) for little Tiger and you!

I can't wait to see photos of your new puppy!

Mama Vedo said...

You get more gorgeous every day... And as for Tigger... Well, you KNOW how I feel about that baby boy!!!!

That being said, I was excited to read this post!

You go, girl!

Love you!