Saturday, June 11, 2005

Do you ever?

Do you ever dream of running away? I do. I find myself dreaming of it a lot lately. I actually thought about getting in my car with my two dogs and just driving off and escaping my life the other night. If my boyfriends car had not been blocking mine, who knows what might have happened.

The pressures we subject ourselves to and are subjected to by outside influences is overwhelming at times, and the body's flight/fight mechanism kicks in and prepares to make its stance. Naturally if you feel that you have been in the fight and are loosing the battle, the flight response kicks in and there you go - reaching for your car keys or spending mental time planning your escape. Sometimes I dream about the lottery win scenario and then I realize that it will never happen to me because I always forget to play the lottery. Jung would have a field day with that one.

Well, time to make the donuts!

No comments: