Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Country Music and Front Porches

I am sitting on the front porch listening to some country music - the good ol' fashioned kind where the artist is not synthesized to sound great. The music resonates from talent and feelings deep inside. Tonight it is Patty for me.

This music makes me long for a life lived in a house in the countryside or an area with endless sky visible. Weekends are spent with friends who like you just the way you are, warts and all. Dance halls and bar-b-q, comfy jeans and sleeveless cotton shirts and lots of love and welcomes from ones who value the same things you do.

I guess I am tired of city life. I want to see families, to hear children playing out in the yard. I want to have a Wal-Mart around the corner and a grocery store where the cashier knows your name and you know the bank teller just got engaged to your cousins best friend.

That sure isn't in downtown Atlanta.

Sing it Patty - you are on to something.....

No comments: