Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Open Letter to My Past

Hello,

It was nice of you to write, call, chat on line. I am glad you are doing well. I don't need to re-engage in a relationship with you albeit as a friend you would be a lot of fun. Thank you for the kind words and inquiry after my special someone.

It is funny how things go in life, I have found that, since my divorce there have been several short-term relationships that have come along. Spanish, French, Jewish, Protestant, young, mature, immature. It is like the saying "Rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief, Dr. Lawyer, Indian Chief. There were those who were ready for more, those who were just sport dating and those whom I could not wait for the check to come after dinner.

It sure has been a merry-go-round and a great learning experience. So, thank you gentlemen, and my hat is off to you for trying - but my mind is occupied elsewhere and hindsight is always 20/20.

Me

No comments: