Monday, July 25, 2005

When Is There Room?

When is there room for me just to be myself? When does the need to be perfect and meet all expectations become a burden too heavy to carry? When can I be the weak one, the the flawed one; human!

Why are some expected to maintain perfection in all areas, perfect friend, perfect partner, perfect employee. Just smile and take it in the chin Mellissa - it is you fault after all. You are expected to be...... you are supposed to just........you need to act......you are required to do it all right, say it all right, think it all right. Call when you are supposed to by my expectations, feel the way I do by my expectations.

I am sorry to all of you who are let down by me. I am no different from you. I hurt sometimes, I cry sometimes, I fall sometimes. But, I am trying to be all the things you expect me to be. Sometimes I just fall a little short of the mark. Don't you?

No comments: