Thursday, November 24, 2005

A Family



We are in South Florida at my family home for Thanksgiving.  It is 9:30 a.m. and coffee has been served, breakfast made and the turkey is on! I had the breakfast shift, my sister-in-law is on stuffing, and Nana teaches my niece how to sew using the Singer sewing machine -  the sounds of Tijuana brass is accentuated with the staccato hum of the sewing machine.


 A grandfather reads a book while a son is working out in the yard .

The second niece has found sleep on the top bunk while the aunt finally writes another post before heading over to walk on the beach for a hour or so.

This is our life, this is our Thanksgiving, we are a family, we are joyful, we are loud :-) We are blessed.

I hope your Thanksgiving is equally special and filled with love.


No comments: