Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Dancing


Last night I returned to my dancing just like I wrote about a few posts below. I had done a couple of group classes in the weeks prior but this was my first engaged dancing session with my partner Andrew who moves like a snake. I swear he has no bones, just all rhythm-filled cartilage. As we worked through the cha chacha again, it was nice to feel my body remember the dance and my confidence grow with each step, each turn and each series of three-step cha cha cha's.

I have a long way back to where I was before I stopped dancing, but I am thrilled that my mind/body connection was still there for the basic moves. Now I just have to get back in touch with feeling the way the dance requires you to see yourself....that will be much harder for me - but I am determined to brush the cobwebs away and feel all the wonders of being a woman again. Trust me, you can't see yourself as frumpy and move the way you need to interpret the dance.

Friday night we are at it again, this time re-working me into Rhumba, a slow rhythmic dance that is about seduction and graceful lines. That ought to be good for a laugh on my part......

I have not been writing for a week or so just to have a break. I have not been as focused on writing what I think as much as I have on just having time to THINK, to plan and to execute on things that have been left to linger far too long. It feels good to be in that place and I am even having a hard time getting through writing this post.

I did, however, write this for Peter, because I don't want him to cry :-)

Take care,

Ladybug

No comments: