Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas

I wanted to write each of you that are linked to me a card, but alas I do not have all of your email addresses so I decided to write this to you instead and hope you see it before Christmas.

What a wonderful year it has been. I have grown so much and come so far from the place I was this time last year. Tomorrow morning I will head to North Carolina to be with my mother and dad for Christmas. Mom has decorated the house and has presents to the high heavens - even for Maggie. I know there will be a dusting of snow on the ground and Winston, my parents Collie will bound around the gate to greet us when we arrive.

The inside of the house will be filled with good smells and beautiful arrangements of flowers and something special sitting on the bedside table in my room - just like always. Family pictures will be looked at with freshness and love and mom will be there, ever attentive, with a warm blanket if I look a bit chilled, offers of something wonderful from her kitchen or hugs for no reason at all. Dad will be in his workshop sanding or putting the finishing touches on something and I am sure to be greeted by him with his signature safety glasses firmly etched into his eyes, slightly covered with sawdust. His thick hands will pat me as we sway back and forth in our signature hug and he will say that he loves me and how proud he is of me.

You see, I am so fortunate to be going home, to be going to love to be living the true meaning of Christmas. I felt that stirring today and have smiled all afternoon as I prepared my gifts for them and readied my house for my departure. I am so blessed to have this. I am so lucky and loved and happy to be seeing them.

Now, for each of you:

Peter: You are my Knight in slightly rusted armor. A true gem, a talent and a comic. I hope to meet you one day. Until then, Kung Pooch and I will write to you. Now you stop reading this and go back to writing for money!!!

Patrick: You are such a sweet and wonderful person. Your kindness and gentle spirit will take you far, so keep faith and don't be so hard on yourself. You cannot live a perfect life and God does not expect you to. I hope that the coming weeks will bring you peace and excitement for this new chapter in your life. Embrace it and smile that beautiful, warm smile again.

Lori: You are my example of faith and kindness you hold my dream of simplicity and love. Your children and your husband are lucky, indeed for all the gifts that you possess and share so easily with them - and through your writing, with us. Merry Christmas my faithful friend in Kansas.

Bryce: Thank you for being my daily amusement and thought processor. I log on to you first each morning and laugh at your wit and banter. You have such a lovely heart and the protection and stability you offer your daughter is the example of a loving father. Thank you for sharing Aspen with me through her words and drawings and the photographs you share of that amazingly beautiful child.

Tara: I wish this coming year to be the best you have ever had. That you find fulfillment and true love. You are a true Southern Firecracker and so beautiful. Remember the things I wrote to you and hold tight to them. Thank you for all the sweetness and support - I sure missed getting together with you for that cookie baking - but gladly let that slip by knowing that you were enjoying a new love. I am so happy that you have that. I am praying for your mother and for your family each and every day. Please know that.

Jamie: My IM buddy. Thank you for the laughter and scheming and friendship. I hope that we will soon meet each other and look forward to continuing our friendship. I am so pleased that you are writing and so amazed at your abilities as a photographer. Very nice work talented one!

Rebecca - My shoe soul sister separated at birth. You make me long for girlfriends and wine shops and Boston and laughter. Thank you for your wonderful stories and glimpses into your past. You are the girlfriend I wished was just around the corner.

Shhhh - I wrote you privately my thoughts and repeat them in spirit here. I hope your beach vacation is long and leisurely. Can't wait to read more of your thoughtful work.

BlueSloth - The cornerstone - world class father and movie critic. You are a must read for me each and every day. If I am ever blessed with children I hope their father is JUST LIKE YOU. I am so glad that you "get it" about what is best for your children - lucky Beasties.

Cheryl - Ever present and lovely. I love to read your stories of Sweetie Pie and life in California. I want to say thank you for lovely and thoughtful emails you have written to me, always making laugh knowing that true to your "address" there is surely a Mt. Dew at your side fueling you along.

And for all of you that stop by each day. I hope that you find some goodness here and some laughs at times. This outlet for my writing has been such a gift for my creative expression. It is my scrapbook to myself. Thank you for reading along!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's to each and every one of you! God bless!

Ladybug

No comments: