Monday, January 16, 2006

Future Prescription and The Bachelor

It is Monday night - YES, you KNOW what that means.....I will get to see the Bachelor in Paris in all its 2 hours of splendor and catty women with fake intentions. Yipee!! It is raining and I have just put a Stouffer's French Bread Pizza in the oven and made Maggie some ground beef and rice for dinner and we are hanging in our kitchen together being cozy and happy.

O.K. Now I gotta share. I have four brands of jeans that I am pretty ga-ga over and feel have the best fit, etc. I have tried the more reasonable approach like GAP, Old Navy, Levis, etc. but no go!! My fav's are Citizen's of Humanity, Big Star, Christopher Blue and Future Prescription.

So tonight I am digging around in Filene's Basement (a discount store) and lo and behold - THE SCORE. I find FRx (Future Prescription) for $39.99 - people that is 5 times less than the store price!!! So I am like running to the dressing room with my little cuties in hand and I strip down ready for the ah-ha moment that will preclude me buying like 6 pairs in a wave of retail therapy...and then I get to the pull the jeans over your butt moment and something feels really weird....what the....hmmm what is in the pants I am thinking as I put my hand down the backside of the jeans.....it is like this weird split girdle butt pad thingy in built into the pants. I am really freaked by this, not to mention dissapointed in general. So I go back out and look at all the pants they have and sure enough - they all have this "miracle" hiney in them. It is this contraption that is supposed to lift and separate and give you like a J-Lo booty. I have a momentary panic - that like padded bras (yuck) padded jeans will be the wave of the future!!!! Then I realize with great relief - that is why they were $39.99 - it was a fashion NO NO!!

Anyway, all my hopes and dreams of my big jean score in the sky were dashed forever. So If I want my jeans and my own butt in the back - I am still going to have to pay full retail and that is the disappointment of my week!!

I know - really pitiful post - but hey, it's my life people!!! 30 Minutes left until I go to Paris to see my boyfriend ;-)

Ladybug

No comments: