Saturday, January 14, 2006

Me & Maggie


Me and my little girl bud are back in Atlanta for the week. I have been spending most of the last three weeks or so out in the country at Jim's house and only driving into the city for appointments, etc.

But now I am back in the city in my town home and Maggie is back on a leash for walks and it just doesn't feel as good.

The house does not smell so much like me. It is annoyed that I have abandoned it so it is giving off a little musty "attitude."

I woke up this morning and felt that the light doesn't filter in quite the same way as it does when all there is around you are trees and expansive sky and windows that soar from floor to ceiling.

I woke up this morning and watched Maggie chase after a squirrel, feeling her "country dog" roots for a a bit before realizing that I needed to get her quickly before she was in any danger of going towards the street. We both had forgotten for a moment and I watched the bounce leave her step as she agreed to accept the sound of the long black leash clicking on her collar again, limiting the distance in which she could express her joy of being outside.

My niece will arrive on Thursday from our home in Florida and will spend Spring Break with her Grandmother in North Carolina, relaxing around the lake and learning to sew. I am in town to greet her at the airport with Mother and to spend some time with them and I am soo looking forward to our weekend together in town as there is so much to do and to see in the city, and Spring is flirting with us, showing just enough to entice us to want more.

I am not sure when I will find my way back to the country, but I know that I will miss it, and the man that owns that little piece of heaven.

Love,
Mellissa

No comments: