Saturday, April 22, 2006

So Many Things


There is a warm towel, fresh from the dryer underneath me, it is my warmth on this drizzly day, a hug of cotton.

There is classical music playing on my stereo – Water Music by Handel, it is soothing and appropriate to the weather.

There is a little cocker spaniel exploring the small garden space I have next to my patio, she loves the smell of geraniums – and sage.

There is a load of laundry spinning in the dryer, the vent to the outside is creating a wonderful, clean fragrance out to my patio, where I sit.

There are thoughts of you. Not that I meant to wake with them – but I saw your name, written on a plastic cup – the kind of mark you leave on something that is yours and you want everyone to know.

There is an espresso on the table with caramel creme on the top and a little sugar in the bottom.

There are raindrops, little tiny ones wetting my hair and my eyelashes. They seem to be the tears that I cannot shed anymore.

There are red cushions that need to be brought inside the house to dry and candles floating in their holders.

There are thoughts what next in my life that need to be tended. Time to move away perhaps, time for a new start somewhere else. Those thoughts are followed by how much I love this garden city that I live in, how much I love my town. I will stay here….it is my home.

There are Thoughts of Laurel – a wonderful friend in Kansas who I am connected with in some way and will send a surprise to on Monday.

There are sounds of cars passing by on wet roads on their way to errands or visits with friends and family. The hum of the air conditioner drowns them out somewhat.

There are photographs to be put in albums and cards to write to friends.

There is a thought of some visitors to my blog – Yellow Knife, Canada and Suwanee, Georgia……I think I know who you are. Welcome and I hope you know that I am a good person, I am a lot like you.

There is a life to be tended to – I will move inside out of the rain and get started.

Wishing you all a wonderful Saturday.

No comments: