Sunday, June 11, 2006

Reflections of....

Good morning everyone,

I am back home again, feeling great after having slept a full 9 hours in my own bed, with Mag's curled up at my feet and my sheets and my bathroom available for a night trip without running into anything - my mind still remembers the way to the sink in the dark and it is comforting to wake to the sounds of my morning birds!

All I wanted was a Starbucks and and Egg McMuffin for Maggie (yes, I know.....) so we headed out in the car, still half-asleep for our Sunday morning ritual. All was going well until I just nipped that curve oh so slightly - I guess my rhythm was off from not driving for 11 days.....There was a strange sound and I let out a sigh - resigning myself to a lack of coffee and a lesson in trying to figure out the jack on my car......which I was un-successful in attempting.

I was really wanting a man at home at this point - not that I remembered to bring my cell phone along for the "short" trip out I was taking for body fuel.... So I am home again, having driving 1 mile per hour on a flat tire. I still haven't figured out how to change it and as you can tell, I am too tired to deal with it......so I will make a phone call to Roadside Assistance and order myself a man who can get the lug nuts off my wheel and teach me how it is done.

Maggie and I are sitting outside together and I am thinking how much she needs a bath and a haircut as she is beginning to look a bit like George Washington in a powdered wig and smelling a little like a dog, which we both don't care for too much.

My flight yesterday was a long one, just over 9 hours sitting next to a man who drank red wine the entire flight and ended up smelling like a casque. I did my best to ignore him although we were four inches apart. "Don't even think about chatting with me" was my vibe, and for those of you who read me and those of you who know me - know that is a near impossibility for me...as I talk to everyone. But he was not an option.

When I arrived home there was a friendly face to greet me and flowers and a bag of fresh cherries - one of my favorites. I was so happily on my way home after dealing with the location of my bag and the change in temperature outside. I wanted the jeans off and shorts on. I wanted a shower and a big glass of water and my bed. All of which were accomplished in short order.

So more later on the trip and my recollections....right now I have a call to make and a dog to wash.....and I have to go to work today.

xoxo,
Bug

No comments: