Thursday, June 01, 2006

Taking Off

Well, here we are - another travel day has arrived and I am sooo not ready to go. I still have lots of prep to do before my car arrives at 2:00 to take Maggie to the Inn At Barking Hound Village and then me to the airport for my flight to Zürich.

Clothes are still sitting on the bed and I am Blogging - great huh!! Nothing like being prepared. I guess it is because I have been doing so much running around lately that I literally have been unpacking one suitcase in order to pack another.

I have a deadline to get off my hiney by 8:00 a.m. and get it together - so it is a quick "chat" with you all and finishing my coffee and then off to the races.

My mobile phone needed a quick replacement and I upgraded from the Blackberry to the Nokia 9300 with full web browser and international unlimited data so I can keep up with you all from the road and check my emails which I am addicted to I hate to say. I think at times I am a little too connected!!

I am sitting outside with Maggie watching the sun peek out above the tree-line and wash everything in gold - mornings sure are lovely.

Update - 8:36 a.m. Packing done! Now I have to run out and do my last minute errands and get lip plumper for my girlfriend Pascale (((snicker))...the things we do for beauty!!

I will leave you with a saying that is most on my mind right now. It is from Brian Andreas, one of my favorite writers. I have mentioned him in my blog before and have a link to his website on the left.
This is for you...

"I held him close for only a short time, but after he was gone, I'd see his smile on the face of a perfect stranger & I knew he would be there with me all the rest of my days. " - Brian Andreas

So folks - I will write you from Zürich tomorrow with the news. Please say hi as I would love to read little notes from you on the road.

xoxo,
Ladybug

No comments: