Sunday, September 24, 2006

Shhhhh, NO MORE TALKING.....


Why did you call me now? What was the reason you decided to chat with me at 2:20 a.m. and call back at 2:40 a.m. Yes, I was awake, yes I laughed with you, was coy with my answers and tried to seem o.k. with it. But I am tired of this scenario!!

We were together for 7 months - SEVEN MONTHS and you could not move forward with me and now this? Now that I have done the work, cried the tears and stepped towards what is in front of me and you want to know if I want to come for dinner, you want to tell me that you learned to care for others from your relationship with me, you want to tell me that you stepped back into your past and finally closed that chapter?

Well I can't talk this way with you...you see, I am TIRED of this scenario with the men I allow into my life. They don't know a good thing till it's gone and I am left to pick up the pieces and move forward...only to have them call me in the usual three month time frame wanting to be friends with me, wanting to have my laughter back into their lives, wanting that woman who inspires them to be greater than they were, think larger than they did, love bolder than they had before, express themselves physically more than they had before.

Well I just can't do that. Thank you for calling...it is now 3:15 a.m. and I am tired..in more ways than one.

Why does the past always come back to haunt?

10 comments:

Tim said...

Hey Mellissa!!

I thought that you had gone off the grid - to live your life in private sans blogger!

I'm glad you're back or at least glad to know you've never actually left.

And glad to have you stop by my place (blog, that is) so now I can relink you and visit more often!

g

Big Pissy said...

Hey!

Glad to see you're back!

Thanks for stopping by to visit over in Hell. :)

...as for the guy calling when he did....he was probably feeling nostalgic and remembering what a great person you are and wanted to feel better about himself and the way he treated you.

Men! *rolling my eyes*

Osbasso said...

Sorry that this seems to be a pattern. They must grow the guys alot different in your neck of the woods than they do around here...

AM said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Shouting was my first reaction to reading this post.

Oh Bug, you took the words directly out of my mouth!

They come back because they realize they miss the things they took for granted before, the freshness and laugh we add to a relationship that they cannot find everywhere unlike what they thought before.

But the feeling sucks, it's like you enter their lives at the wrong time always and when they do realize it, you check your feelings only to find them gone.

David said...

Hey! I don't know you, and you don't know me. But, I liked your blog. I found it through Musings of the Imp, by Ameratis. It's nice to find another normal, fun blog to read by a Christian about everyday things. Thanks, and I'll be back to read more.

David

BigDadGib said...

Great blog....

I'll stop by more often

Rat In A Cage said...

Hi.

I saw your comment over at Big Pissy's and laughed when I read "tell him to pull his head out of his ass." That sort of directness just floors me.

I popped over, saw the profile about forgetting the oxygen tank and laughed some more.

Then I read this and was mortified. I've had the ex's that do that too. Shiver me timbers.

The reason I commenting is to complain though. I know have that 1980s song by Cinderella stuck in my head. Damn you! It will be there all day. Freaky long haired dude playing a piano on a beach singing "don't know what you got til it's gone" in a raspy high pitch voice. Damn you!

Mike said...

ahh men. I am one of em.....but dont always like to admit it at times! :-)

Hang in there!

Mellissa said...

Oh but Michael - you are a MOUNTAIN among them....

xoxo,
Bug

oregoncelticlady said...

Wow, you nailed it!! .....and next time you will not answer the phone, right!? :-)