Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Digging Up

I wish I wasn’t such a deep thinker. If I could change one thing about myself, it would not be thinness or less wrinkles, it would be superficial thinking.

“I’m not even thinking about Christmas” he said, offering the simple prime number in response to my algebraic equation of thought.

“That’s it.” was my response (to myself). I need to think in simple nouns instead of the action creating verbs or better yet my favorite hopeful adjective streams. My thoughts are too complex; too deep. I need to bring it to the simplistic. I think like college linear algebra instead of kindergarten flash card addition.

1 – 1 = 0 instead of e1Π +1 = 0 (Euler’s equation which contains all nine basic concepts of math and still ends in nothing!!)

So in closing, I am sitting here thinking deeply again – about the process of thinking simply. The irony is certainly not lost on me!

xoxo,
Bug

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I wish I wasn't so serious either....always thinking. always analyzing. sometimes, I wish I could just let it all go.....

Sideways Chica said...

Dear Mellissa...funny that you chose this topic. This week I wrote "I think, therefore I'm anal?" Anyway, just wanted to say if the choice is between deep thinking versus surficial thinking, I would still jump in the deep end. It has taken me many years to get to this determination, but...I think, therefore I am me. Same goes for you too chica. ;)

Hope all is well in your kingdom.

Ciao bella...

Osbasso said...

You lost me on so many levels with this post. Does that mean I'm shallow?? ;-)

Mellissa said...

Os,

Yes, it just qualifies what I was writing about. Men think in simple absolutes. Women think in complex abstracts. Men are addition and women are calculus.

M