Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Real Steal


Last night I attended a charity dinner and auction in Atlanta. It was a wonderful event to raise money for one of the places I volunteer.

You can't imagine my surprise when I saw a painting by Thomas Swanston on the silent auction display!!

I bid on it and kept checking back throughout the evening to make sure no one outbid me on the piece which I had seen last year at an exhibit at the Lowe Gallery here in Atlanta.

Thomas is a graduate from the Parson's School of design in New York, and I love the colors he uses in his work.

I am now the very proud owner of this piece, which reminds me of Fall and will hang in my bedroom for me to enjoy every day!!

A great event overall - and a big steal on this piece of art. I just love a win-win situation!

xoxo,
Bug

2 comments:

Lori said...

It's very pretty and a reminder of the most lovely time of year.

Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Rebecca said...

Oooh, that's very nice. Funny, it doesnt make me think of fall at all....it's very bright and happy.

Funny how we all see something different in art...