Friday, October 06, 2006

Is This What Your Rationale Sounds Like?

Authors Note: This is NOT about me or the way I think..just saying, before anyone asks me...


Why do we chase the elusive?
Why do we give to those who don’t deserve it and withhold from those who do?
Why do we try to do a song and dance
For those who will never give us credit for our talent?
Compliment those who really are undeserving?
Is it that we can’t see the truth, or are just willing to do anything to get someone to love us?

Here, look at me…I can be good enough!
Here, listen to me, I have changed myself and now think like you do!
Is that what you wanted?
Here, over here…You are the one, you are the catch!
You are my ideal of perfection. The best I have ever known in my life
If we work really hard we could be perfect together.
I will even be sad again to be with you.
I will leave true goodness behind to be with you again.
I guess it really was not that bad before.
It just must have been me that caused all this.
Since I am willing to change my DNA for you, we will be happy.
You are the only one who matters. I will matter simply because you accept me.

Reversioner's thinking. It is never a good thing.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Don't we all chase the elusive butterfly? I know I have...and in some areas, still do...