Monday, December 11, 2006

All's Well That Ends Well



I have finally gotten my second wind today - I think it was taking a walk around Lake Geneva and stopping into a cafe for an omlette and salad. I needed food and fresh air and now I think I can make it through the rest of the day and into the evening cocktail reception I am putting on for 160 people....there are sure to be some problems which I am not looking forward to.

The good news is that my bags were located and the concierge at the hotel managed to get Air France to deliver my bags to him...his French is obviously much better than mine ;-)

I did not get much sleep last night. I fell asleep on the bed at the hotel at 6 p.m. and slept till 10:30 p.m. local time when they called to let me know the good news that I would have clean clothes for today!! After that I was wide awake and headed down to the lobby to sit in front of the fireplace to have a nightcap...and to chat on the phone with a friend of mine back in the states. I ended up being awake until 4:45 a.m. knowing the alarm was set for 6:00 a.m. today. It was not so pretty when my alarm rang and I started groaning about the day not wanting to get up - even though my bed is like a rock and I woke up surrounded by my MAUVE room which reminds me of day old Pepto Bismol. Will be changing hotels tomorrow to be closer to the train station so Pascale and I can head out for an adventure.


Well all - I have to head back downstairs to look into my booth set up.....the man has been working on setting it up since 8:00 a.m. and he is still not finished....Swiss precision...takes a lot of time ;-)

No comments: