Monday, December 11, 2006

Hopeful Heart

Often times in my mind I am free of this time in my life. It has all come full-circle and I am complete again. There is a family for me and I am preparing dinner and listening to the sounds of children – whether mine or not - does not matter.

Often times in my mind I am free of the burden of being alone. I have become a part of someone else and am loved and love in return. We two become one and life progresses forward towards seasons and years in the company of a trusted soul.

Often times in my heart I forgive you for what you took from me. I open up my hands and drop them to the sides of me in complete surrender and release. You did the best you could. The fact that you married me for the wrong reason is not my problem to solve. It is merely my scar to bear.

Years have progressed since that time, but it seems like I have been in purgatory much longer. I reach out and ask others, “Do you feel this too?” “Is it just me, or is it all of us together?” and I wonder to myself…what if this is all that remains.

I pull Maggie closer to me, grateful for the touch of life in my home and close my eyes and pray that soon God will make my dreams come true.

2 comments:

oregoncelticlady said...

beautiful!

Mellissa said...

Askintoo - you are driving me nuts - get off my blog. I don't need extra money that way - nor you bothering me!