Friday, December 15, 2006

J’Arrrive




It is late afternoon in Paris & the sun will soon set. I am sitting in a café enjoying a glass of Bordeaux and an omelette's du jambon et fromage while waiting for Steve to finish up a meeting with Galeries Lafayette.

The area I am in is called “Opera” & the street is Boulevard Haussmann – it is the main boulevard of Le Grand Magasans (department stores) such as Galeries Lafayette and Printemps.


As I sit here alone in a prime spot for observing the people here, I feel completely at home – which is something I don’t feel when dining alone in the States. When I am there, eating alone has a conspicuous feeling. Here, it is my time to write on the paper covering the table …a spot of vinaigrette on one corner and a red circle from my wine glass on the other. Breadcrumbs from my baguette are my confetti sprinkles. You see, this is a party of one…a very contented and happy one.

It is funny that although I am so far away, in many ways I am home again.....but just to make sure you all know my roots - here I am tonight listening to Kenny Chesney on my iPod...you can take the girl out of the South, but you can't take the South out of the girl!!!

Bonne Nuit Paris – J’adore!!

3 comments:

Osbasso said...

Yer a cutie! Keep enjoying yourself!

lecram sinun said...

Enjoy the time away, my dear. Lovely as always. :) Cheers!

AM said...

'I feel completely at home' ... :) :) :)