Monday, January 22, 2007

I Dream

In the peaceful hour of dusk, I think about you coming home to me, wrapping me in a sweet embrace, your chest rises and falls against my neck. My hands find their place against the flat surface of your back. I exhale, and hold you.

In the quiet moment between darkness and daylight I dream that you are here with me. My hand reaches out to touch your chest, feeling the rise and fall with each breath. Skin warm against my touch. I exhale and curl my body into yours.

Kisses on foreheads and hands held tightly. Love in the moments before sleep and thoughts of you lingering long after winding into my morning.

You see I dream of you, I believe in you and I long for you to come. This house and this heart are waiting for you.

Until then, I dream..and wait.

5 comments:

Southern Sweetheart said...

I sooooo could have written this myself Bug..... Hope the dream comes to life soon and wait is short sweetie. :)

bricotrout said...

im not very good at commenting on posts like this. on the other hand, it doesnt really need a comment does it? it works in and of itself. sleep tight.

Mellissa said...

Yeah - it is nice to dream isn't it...

Maybe one day it will happen. Until then I will just snuggle with Mags ;-)

xoxo,
Bug

Anonymous said...

I'm counting days until my dream as well.

AM said...

Oh my God ... I never realized how much I miss it ... until I read this post ... sigh ...