Thursday, January 04, 2007

Keep It Simple



This is a photograph I took last week while I was out with Greg having a "Photo Challenge" afternoon.

As I was sitting here this morning looking through some pictures to create a calendar, I thought about this one again. It is funny, but it reminded me of something.

I recently saw an Industrial Psychologist for some career testing. We went a little deeper into our discussion and one thing he said really struck me...and has bothered me since because I don't know how to change it. He told me that I have deep trust issues with people. That I tend to do everything myself and keep myself slightly separate because I don't trust my wellbeing to another person. It makes sense that I do this, as other than my family, there has not been one person who has followed through on actions or promises they made to me to be there for me. I do not know what a safety net feels like.

You see, in my personal life this picture has become a reflection of me. I am standing off in the distance thinking that I am protected by a little sign I show people that says Posted - No Trespassing. I am having awkward moments getting to know the new man in my life. I tend to ask him open ended questions or just lay a line out there to see how he will react. Is he trying to trespass on my heart - or is he coming to tend a long overdue garden? I need to just remind myself that it is simple right now. I am not sure, but I do know that I need to remain relaxed and calm...observing from that barn in the distance, watching the gate....with a shotgun tucked safely under my arm just in case he is only coming to poach.... (o.k. ha ha I just had to add that in there because I am a big smarty pants).

Wishing you all a wonderful morning!

xoxo - Bug

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey Mel -
I have those very same issues....I struggle with them all the time because I don't necessarily like being that way, but I just don't trust anyone. It's part of being a "work in progress..."

Mellissa said...

Hope your right. I sure would love to have someone I trust above all others - I mean other than God ;-)

xoxo,
Bug