Monday, January 01, 2007

For You


Saturday morning and music plays in the background. It is pure you. Your fingers move along making strings of song in the air and I adore you more with each expressive strain you play for me.

I don’t want to leave this house – and the wonderful company that I have found inside these walls. Walls filled with the sounds of the guitar and piano, and smiles and touch and goodness. It overwhelms my spirit to know that there is such a thing….as I had forgotten it – or rather put it away to try to forget.

Today is a simple morning, following a simple afternoon of hand holding and barn scouting and dog barking and a sunset on a small lake – you rushed to capture the light – I lingered to capture the moment – knowing it would not come again this way in the days ahead.

You are Sunsets and Tennessee and simple times and potential. You are the “old days” and the memory keeper and sweetness….you have reminded me of me…..of the importance of being earnest and simple. I have been missing that in my life. Thank you for holding up the mirror…

4 comments:

bricotrout said...

wow bug, this is the same guy as last year? youre setting records here! lol, get it? cause the old year was just hours ago? ha, i kid because i love!
happy new year. now lets see if were still posting pics of the golfer in 2008!

Southern Sweetheart said...

it's nice to see you in a happy place Bug...good for you! Happy New Year lady....

And great picture.

Rebecca said...

Wow, that pic looks like Patrick Dempsey, don't you think?

Mellissa said...

Oh Brico you are a turd. Can't believe you dogged me out on my blog.

Oh you are so ripe for payback here...

Rebecca - he doesn't look like Patrick Dempsey in person. If he did I would have eaten him alive the first moment I saw him.

He is awfully cute though huh!

xoxo,
Bug