Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Blind Dreams and Other Stuff

I have been having the blind dreams again. I had one yesterday and I hate that!! It is always the same thing - I am usually out driving a car and the sun comes straight in and I can't see so I start squinting and eventually I can't open my eyes anymore. It is so real and the fear hits me that I am going to crash into something, things are all around me and I need to see but my eyes wont open.

Yesterday, however I was on a bike instead of in a car, and for the first time I made contact with something, something rubbed my back tire from behind and I was powerless to see what what happening to me. I am never hurt in these dreams, I have just lost control and can't help myself out of a situation. I never remember the ending but my eyes are sensitive in real life for a day or so after the dream and I am squinty and I fear that in real life my eyes are going to close and not open up again. Pretty odd stuff, I know!

A couple of my posts this last week were homework assignments from my life coach. The one about work and the one about crying. When I can't get an answer out for him, he asks me to write about it because I can express myself more easily through the keypad. Truth seems to come out faster that way.

My Tuesdays have become hard days. It is a mix of anticipation and dread. I call them Tuesday's with David...sort of like that book Tuesday's With Morrie. I am learning a lot about myself and why I react to things the way I do. I am much more cognizant of my thoughts and I worry about the things I do when I am in the middle of doing them. I have started to ask myself "Is this the best thing for ME at this time." I don't always listen to myself, but I guess that will come in time. I think putting my thoughts into action will be the hardest part.

Right now I am struggling over something. I am really struggling hard and I feel really jittery and nervous. I hate that feeling but I don't know how to make it stop. I wake up with it and go to bed with it. I know what it is. I know exactly what it is and it really makes me mad. I won't say it out loud here on the blog but I am really in that "Oh CRAP, not THIS" mindset and I feel powerless over controlling my feelings. I know in the back of my mind the whole scenario and I know that I will get hurt and knocked down. I am angry at myself for being so stupid and powerless and such a freakin' marshmallow. Yelling at myself, however, isn't helping any...trust me, if I could yell my way out of this I would. I keep humming that song "Stupid Girl" in my head. Guess all this is why I had the blind dream again. My subconscious is yelling at me too. BLIND STUPID CHICK...open up your eyes and have a good look.

Well, it is almost noon here in Atlanta so I better stop writing and get on with the plan of the day. I am gonna warn you that the posts here are probably gonna be pretty raw and personal over the next little bit, so if you can't handle it I would just stop reading. If you are going to be judgemental and expectant of fluff and rainbows all the time you might need a break from logging on here. I have a lot of homework to do, and some of it will present itself in my ever-present metaphoric writing style and some just straight up and out. I'm just warning you in advance.....if you are the type that is inclined to leave a hurtful comment then know that I am the type to hold a grudge. Not pretty, but true, so tread lightly and remember this Blog is really for ME, and that is o.k.

M

2 comments:

Osbasso said...

Personally, I'm going to like to see this side of you. I have in the past, and you haven't scared me away yet!

Not going to offer hugs or anything to you. Not until you ask for them, OK?

Mellissa said...

Hi Os,

I really have a hard time letting some of this out on the blog because I am worried about offending folks - and trust me I have in the past.

But you know, I am human and I hurt and am scared sometimes and bold others. I just want to be myself and have folks accept all the sides of me. That is one thing I am working on a little at a time. I grew up trying to be perfect and agreeable and sometimes that does no good and I end up feeling resentful!

xoxo,
Bug