Friday, April 27, 2007

Each Page A Treasure To Me

Sitting at my desk...Maggie is just to the right of my laptop laying on the desktop!
I have finally picked my manuscript up again after registering for my Creative Writing and Publishing class at Emory University. I am thoroughly enjoying the class and the writing exercises we perform each week during the class session. Sometimes our professor will merely give us a sentence and ask us to write a narrative in ten minutes. I get really excited and start immediately, tearing into my paper with streams of black ink. I really love creating and finding my voice in my writing.
I finished Chapter 2 this morning and will spend part of my afternoon on character development. I have some thoughts to scribble down about each of the characters in my book and I want to write a narrative for myself about them, to help me get to know them a little better. I want to know how they sound, what motivates them and to define ultimately how they will affect the plot in my book. I am hopeful that I will get some new insight when I begin to focus and imagine them a bit more aside from my protagonist.
I am also incorporating my Blog writings into the book as part of the protagonists "journal". It is wonderful for me to read back on some of my posts, especially about Paris - where the book is set.
I must tell you that I am really beginning to enjoy my time off, and the creative process that is happening with me.
I wish you all a great weekend ahead!
Mellissa

2 comments:

lecram sinun said...

The creative process can be pretty addicting... but the bliss is totally worth it. Cheers!

Rebecca said...

Good for you Mellissa! Enjoy....you've got such a flair for writing, I'm sure your book will be wonderful. :)