Sunday, April 29, 2007

YIPEE!!

Since I wrote my post a few weeks ago "Getting Mad" , I have really been working hard. In the past few weeks I have been dancing, walking about 15 miles per week, and weight training three days a week with Bernard for an hour each time, followed by 30 minutes on the Precor.

I took my measurements and wrote them down on my calendar and told myself that at the end of the month I would measure myself again, and use that figure to guage my progress. I did my measurements again this morning and am pretty happy with the results!! I have lost 2 inches in my waist, 2 inches in my chest and 1/2 inch off each of my thighs. Using that reference point against the scale, I figure I have added about 2 lbs. of muscle weight. I also realize that I am losing fat around my upper body first.

It was really nice to have something to smile about this morning. I really needed that!! My goal is to be two sizes smaller by the Summer. I am well on my way!!

YIPEE!!

Bug

7 comments:

Tim said...

I'm just curious, but how tall are you?

Congrats on getting in shape. Keep up the good work!

Mellissa said...

Hi Green,

I am 5'6" - Size 10.

M

Tim said...

mellissa-

I just pictured you a bit taller, is all.

Mellissa said...

Ha ha! Well I am a scant shy of 5'7" and the tallest of all my girlfriends especially in heels - I tower over them. They are such cute 5'4-5'5 ers. I feel like a GIANT when we go out together.

O.k. now I have the munchies and am gonna go hit the SUN CHIPS ;-)

M

Tim said...

so you're about as tall as I am... without the heels, of course...

you were in my dream last night.

oregoncelticlady said...

We like to say "lost two inches across my back" instead of chest!!!! *laugh*

Mellissa said...

OCL

GOOD point, LOL!!! I meant the part around and under the armpits and across the top of the chest...he he!! But if I did lose some "boob" in the process I would be o.k. with that too!!