Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Most Wonderful


I am 18 Weeks pregnant today with our son. Today is the most significant movement I have had from little Evan. It is as if there are a thousand feathers tickling the inside of my stomach. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever felt in my life and such a wonderful gift from Evan today. I had to pull the car over on the way to work to spend time feeling him this way for the first time. The other feelings were small pings and pangs and a tick here or there. This was like the grand finale of the fourth of July fireworks. I wish Greg were here to experience this joy with us. Our son is a mover and shaker. Absolutely

The picture above is of an 18 week old child, photographed by an endoscopic camera in the womb. It was taken in 1965 if you can believe and is the #11 cover of Life Magazine of all time. I love that it shows me what my little Evan looks like today!!

Mellissa

2 comments:

tx sweetie said...

wow cool picture..i myself is preggy too only 2 weeks ahead of you. i like the picture ty for posting. hope u visit my place too? http://www.texas-sweetie.blogspot.com

have a good day

Tim said...

Mellissa:

I'm so happy that your pregnancy is going do well and that you are enjoying every minute of Evan's in-utero acrobatics.

Smiles and hugs for you, and a ball for Evan!