Thursday, March 13, 2008

Forgiveness

Forgiveness is a process that I wish were easier to execute. It is like climbing a mountain or stairs to the top of a monument. Sometimes in the climb towards reaching the summit where blue skies are visible again, we lose our footing and slip backwards a few steps or have to stop to get our breath again before we can move forward. In the end, we want to reach the goal, the top, the pinnacle where all is behind us. It can be a long process and one that requires us to not take a moment to look back at the ground beneath us, lest we stumble farther back on our descent.

I am working on this climb myself this year. I am working on climbing the mountain of forgiveness and putting the past behind me. I know it will be a long climb, but I believe the view at the top, the clear skies past the cloud layer I am going through will be worth it. I do this not only for myself, but for my son. You see for me, at the top of the climb towards forgiveness is my future, and I want my future to be a cloudless blue sky and a view towards a beautiful horizon.

xoxo,
Ladybug

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you are back, my friend. :) And really enjoyed the photos in your sidebar.

Glad too that you are moving into a "new day" in more ways than one.

Cheers!

Lori said...

Mellissa! What a thrill to see you here again! I have clicked onto your blog many times through the months, hoping to find words there again. I was so pleased to click on my comments today and find you there!

Evan is absolutely beautiful...he truly is. I remember what an overwhelming time that was in life when they are itty bitty, but they have your heart from the get-go. You are in for an amazing journey and know that I am still here...if you ever need to talk.

Blessings to you both, dear one.

Rebecca said...

So glad to see you back Mommy - congratulations on Evan!!!

And so sorry about Miss Maggie. :(

Our pets are like our children, it is so painful when we have to let them go.

Missed you! Can't wait to catch up...
Hugs,
Rebecca

Tim said...

Forgiveness is a hard thing to do for us stubborn, willful humans. It is never a quick process and the healing takes a while. But it is the bset and safest road to travel.

Wishing you all the best, my friend, on your journey.

oregoncelticlady said...

Ahhh, I just saw your sidebar! He is stunning! I miss those baby moments...but then each and every age and stage is incredible!

Anonymous said...

Mellissa--I am so glad you are back! Evan is precious--what a beautiful baby boy!---Carrie

Cheryl said...

Mellissa! I didn't know you were back here, but checked on the off-chance. :) So glad to see you writing again.

Gosh, your words could have been mine a few years back. And I am so sorry to read about Maggie.

Spring will come--I know, as I've been where you are and it's here in our lives. Motherhood is an amazing journey, and one single mom to another, I want to encourage you to enjoy life with your son. It gets easier as they get older and less dependent. :)

Love you,
Cheryl

Cheryl said...

Hey lady, your feed isn't working. Is that on purpose?