Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Two Months






It is so hard to believe that it has been nearly two months since we met face to face. This Friday will mark the date, March 28th. So much has changed, you are growing daily and smiling and cooing and you recognize my voice and you turn to see me when I walk into the room. You have beautiful folds of fat around your long legs and cornflower blue eyes. I hope they stay that way. Your great PawPaw (Nana's Father William) had the most beautiful blue eyes and your Nanny on your Daddy's side said the eyes might carry the "Wallace Blue"....you have your dad's long, jet-black eyelashes and his long fingers and your nose seems to be a cross between his masculine and my button - so perfect for your face.

You have a hard time falling asleep now. You are so worried you might miss something in the world that you kick your legs and swing your arms in an effort to keep the Sandman at bay. I end up swaddling you just so you can rest a while. You love your fingers and they have found their way into your mouth while you move your head from side to side in an attempt to capture one and then the other, back and forth. You snort when you cry and it makes me laugh out loud. You have learned a sad face and when you are pouting you stick out your bottom lip and crinkle your forehead. It is a classic Mommy face for sure.

So much I see in you, just a mere two months after we met, that I long for a lifetime of witnessing each day and the changes that will come. I love you Evan. You are such a joy.

xoxo,
Mommy

4 comments:

Lori said...

And it just keeps getting better, Mellissa. I'm so happy for you and your beautiful little boy.

Tim said...

I agree with Lori. It definitely gets better. It's amazing how fast they grow at that age.

Anonymous said...

I love the way you describe your adventures with Evan. Both of you are so precious!

I can't wait to see you when you come back to Jackson in a few more days!

Love ya!
Mitzi

AM said...

:) such a beautiful post :)