Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stretching

Sometimes life is a big ol' stretch. I keep reminding myself that a good stretch from time to time is worth it, albeit hard on the muscles if you stretch too far too fast.

We are ramping up for Evan's first Christmas and he is beginning to take his first steps. He makes the cutest little face when he does it, very determined and focused and then he will just stop and clap his hands at himself in a sort of "well-done" kind of way.

Greg, as usual is pushing the limits of timing with me, but I am learning even in that scenario to let go. He is flying out again this weekend to Texas and now to Colorado the weekend after Christmas for 4 days. I have no one in West Tennessee to help me with Evan, and Daycare is closed from December 24-January 2nd, so his being out of town was a stretch, and my muscles hurt a little from how far I have to stretch to cover the gap of his absence. I wish he would just date locally for crying out loud.

I miss my friend Terri. I don't talk to her often, hardly ever actually, but I think about her each day with a lot of love. I don't know why the hours go by and I can't get to that phone! I think maybe I'll stop writing and go pick up the phone...

xoxo,
Bug

1 comment:

Tim said...

Just stopping by to say HI! Hope you and Evan are doing well.