Friday, August 12, 2011

Let me adjust my halo


To some I am a saint, to some I am not.  Who knows what causes people to have the reactions they do to each other.

I had a email recently that was beautifully written and expressed sentiments from a person's heart that I know were sincere.  I read it twenty times if I read it once. 

One thing struck me and left a mark.  I am not special, I am not extraordinary.  I simply know how to love and I practice it as an action word each day.  Heaven does not hold a special place for me for doing what is expected of us in our humanity to each other.  I get no extra credit from God for living life as it was supposed to be.

The Bible says, "Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God, for Christ's sake, has forgiven you."  I don't always succeed in my life in living the right way, but I do have a deep sense of doing what is right, even if what is right hurts me.  I end up hurt a great deal, and it would be easier at times to simply turn from my beliefs and live for myself and my needs.  There are days where I truly wish I could be different, but I simply can't.

I need to go adjust my halo now.  Someone placed one upon my head but it really doesn't belong there...

Bug

No comments: