Saturday, August 13, 2011

A New Day


I woke up this morning with a peaceful heart and a sense of joy.

The last couple of days have been difficult.  No ability to concentrate on work; only reflections and analytics.   Licking wounds, reminding myself of worth and core and self.

My shoulders would begin to shake for no reason and tears would come.  I would go into the bathroom at work to compose myself, explaining to no one, certainly no one to reach out to as it would come as a great surprise to those  who know me that I had been in a relationship at all.

Evan caught me crying once.  I was ashamed for him to see me, but I explained that I lost a friend and I was sad.  He prayed for me.  My heart soared at the knowledge that my 3 1/2 year old understands prayer at such a young age.

I started writing again and praying in a more focused manner.  Guidance, faith, portion, understanding and peace are the themes of my devotions to God.  I am also being honest in my accountability for my part.  I believe if you are internally honest, then blame has no place to take root in your soul.

I only feel peace today.  I only wish my friend well.  I smile for his hope.  I long for his renewal.  I wish him joy - always!

Happy Saturday!

Bug

No comments: