Monday, November 07, 2005

Mornings

It is 8:13 a.m. and I am half into my first cup of the day. I feel a little drained today but will forge ahead soon forcing a smile and getting on with it.

My mom was here this weekend and we had a lovely time together even though it was much too short. We went to see Riverdance and I have to tell you, it was sooo amazing to see. There were dancers from Russia and Ireland and Spain and for over 2 hours the Fox Theatre was filled with the sounds of percussion as feet and heels clicked and stomped and created magic. Mother and I had great seats in the Orchestra section because I had to see the feet! That is what Riverdance is all about so down front we had to be! It was a wonderful memory for us both.

I did not go to church yesterday and I feel a little disconnected this morning as a result of it. For many reasons I just thought it better to stay home and get a few things in order so I could pretend for a few more days to have it all together. I took a drive down near the airport and watched some planes fly in and out and dreamed for a minute about where those people were going to and coming from and thought about getting my trip in order to go to Florida for the Thanksgiving holiday.

The afternoon was lazy and I went to a matinee to see the new Meryl Streep / Uma Thurman movie and although it was funny, it was about love and romance and maybe not such a great idea for my viewing right now - but Meryl Streep is Meryl Streep right!

Dinner last night was some crackers with cheese and a pear and surfing around on the internet and then watching back to back episodes of My Fair Brady on VH1 (I am sooo gay) before chatting a bit on line with 30Something and then falling asleep on top of the covers.

I awoke this morning to a phone call from my boss who was in a panic and I started phone jockey service before even the first cup of coffee which did not start me out on the right foot!!


Now I am one cup down and much more awake. I am sitting outside with Maggie, the birds are singing, welcoming the morning sun and I am surrounded by the most beautiful colors. Everywhere there are shades of orange, red, yellow and ochre. God gives us such a beautiful memory just before Winter. It reminds me that even the end of something can be beautiful and remembered for its vivid colors and soothing sounds. Winter is ahead, and Spring will follow it. Just like life, hope is hiding inside during the Winter months waiting for the renewal of Spring.

It is a beautiful thing! Good morning everyone, and I hope your day will be filled with many great things! Be well!

No comments: